Monday, October 1, 2012

Disconnecting.. its the right word

http://adventureblog.nationalgeographic.com/2012/09/01/ultra-trail-runner-kilian-jornet-burgada-on-risk-relaxing-hard-work/



Humbling and profound. Skyrunner champ Kilian reminds me to run for myself. To run because it does wonders for the soul, to run because like him, I do want to disconnect from the hustles of life & reconnect to nature. Nature has always been our home. For him it is the mountains, for others it is the trails and trees, for me - it is just being with nature & immersing myself in it. The grass, rivers, mud & rocks. Somewhere I can think about life, or not think about anything.

I started running on road races a few years back, I don't think I can enjoy doing it on my own because to me, road races are becoming social events now, it is where you meet with friends, do a decent run, have a good laugh, take pictures, talk and catch up. Ever since trail running came along, I've been able to combine running & my love for nature, & never did look back.

The only place I can be totally alone is in the wild. I relish on the chance in fact. Plan to keep slogging on with life and be able to put everything away for a few hours & just get back out there, to recharge, to run, to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment